Tuesday, March 6, 2012

To Forgive AND to Forget

They say to forgive and to forget, but just when you thought you have, your soul flows over with emotion, like water, pouring over a glass.
Memories so vivid, they cut like knives, I feel the darkness and fear in my body, the way I felt that moment in time. I try hard to forget, but the truth is covered with lies, I realize...you're not sorry, no desire to apoligize, I'm just another who has been victimized.
Trying to live in oblivion, but what you did to me was a sin. You try to ignore the realities of the past, I try to find the courage to ask, but you would only deny, so...forget I asked.
Trying to ignore what I thought then, to be nightmares from the past, but the truth hurts, to forgive and to forget...that's just too much to ask.

~Bernadette

No comments:

Post a Comment