Tuesday, March 6, 2012

True Love Conquers the Soul

You can beat my body down, Stomp on my soul. But, it will take more than that to conquer me whole.
With a battered heart and a beaten body, my soul is strong and I am somebody. I look in the mirror with a busted face and I wonder how much more can my body take. You can beat me down and hammer me thin, but my soul is strong, it will not be defeated, it won't let you win.
With every blow, you became weak, and with your every blow it's my soul you tried to defeat.
Stronger than me and bigger than you, it's my soul that's protecting me, from the monster in you.
You've hurt my body, it couldn't take your last blow, I thought I loved you, but, that you will never know.
Life flashes before me, and it's you I see, with friends and family warning me. Everything happened, happened so quickly I thought things would change, I could teach you to love me. The words of my mother are haunting me, "It only gets worse, just wait and see."
My heart it beats slow, and all is dark, my body is hurting, you have left your mark. My soul carries on, and my bruised body is gone. I can hear the cries of those that loved me, all along. I am sorry mom, you were right, I thought my story was different. I thought things would change, I thought he loved me.
I wish I had listened at this last minute in time. My body is gone, but it is my soul that carries on. I have nothing left, but my spirit, my soul, so please...please don't let this story go untold. TRUE Love, is supposed, to conquer, the soul.
~Bernadette

No comments:

Post a Comment